In this, I will attempt to record my attempt at staying awake as long as possible. My previous attempt reached 57 hours, which was enough to enter the phase of moderately strong auditory hallucinations and weak visual hallucinations, as well as my cognitive functions degrading to the point where concentrating on reading or watching anything became a near impossible task, thus leading to regular swings between boredom and terror.
Last time I was alone for the week, which may have been putting me at a disadvantage as I had no external factors forcing me to stay awake. This time I shall attempt it over a few days where I have predetermined appointments which will require me to leave the house after around 24 and 48 hours.
My ultimate goal is to see whether extended sleep deprivation can lead to pleasurable hallucinations, and to find out for myself the seriousness of the health risks involved in doing so . I'll try to update this every few hours to describe my progress. I probably won't link this page to anyone, but if I do, よろしく!

I've done this before. Let me tell you, it is not pleasant at all. I think I lasted roughly 3.5 days.
ReplyDeleteI've done it too. I lasted around 50-55 hours, and it didn't feel good, man.
ReplyDeleteI've done this before too. My longest was something like around 70 hours. I found I would get really lethargic around every 15-20 hours or so before revitalizing with extra bouts of energy.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your challenge!
I think I did around 54 hours in one going...then i passed out in the corner of my room for 30 minutes...woke up & stayed up for another 12. Holy hell I felt like I was injected with a pot gun lol.
ReplyDeleteHeh, so it seems like somewhere in the 50s is a common point to give up. Going for 70 hours / 3.5 days must've been especially horrible.
ReplyDeleteWhat did you all do to try keeping yourself awake? I've been doing the obvious coffee binge, taking lots of showers and doing odd bits of exercise in my room, which seems to help a little.
Wow this sounds pretty intense. I don't think I have the willpower to try this.
ReplyDeleteI have a hard time staying up past 36 hours. You're crazy.
ReplyDelete