Passed the night with Monopoly and Minecraft. I'll post a few screenshots of my humble abode, since it seems appropriate.
Here's an animated tour, including some shots from above. You can see my church in the middle of its hand-grown forest, some of the tunnels below it, and the double helix of water, lava and glass in a nearby cylinder of gravel. Ah, and that circle around the church spire was supposed to look like some kind of halo or Evangelion angel. The giant tree next to it was a project I was working on with growing lots of trees on top of each other, but trying to find ways to get saplings to grow on it has ended up with it looking quite unnatural. Maybe I need to climb up and do some reconstruction with log blocks...Here's the Kaguya skin I made as well. It's pretty dfficult to make decent looking long hair on this model, and she still grunts like a big scary man.
Just realised I have to leave in a little over an hour to get to the doctor's, so I suppose I should start preparing for that. It's a shame to have to go out just as I begin to reach the 'everything seems funnier than it should' phase. Playing Monopoly and Pictionary online becomes more of a challenge to keep breathing than one to win.
I really don't want to go outside. I'm going to have to speak to at least 3 people: bus driver, receptionist, doctor. What the hell will I say? What if they don't hear me properly? What if I mess up my words? What if I make a complete fool of myself? Or if the bus is full of schoolkids, laughing and pointing. Geh.


"What the hell will I say? What if they don't hear me properly? What if I mess up my words? What if I make a complete fool of myself?"
ReplyDeleteExactly what I'm thinking when I have to go out. It really stresses me out to the point I just have chronic anxiety, even when I'm at home. I can't relax any more. Probably going to die at an early age due to this.
Whenever I'm forced to socialize I pretend I'm a Dilophosaurus from Jurrassic Park, or a peacock or something. I make myself out to be bigger than I really am, almost as if I was acting a part. This gives a ton short-lived confidence, more than enough for whatever I need it for. I'm not sure if this would work for you, but this is what I do in those situations.
ReplyDeleteAlthough honestly, I don't think I'd be able to handle going to the doctor even if I had malignant cancer.
When you socialize, think of it like you're gaining points in a game. Pretend you're the main character in some vidya who gets rupies when they talk to people.
ReplyDeleteI pretend I'm talking to an inanimate object when I talk to people. That usually helps for when I have to go out.
ReplyDeletePretend everybody is an NPC.
ReplyDeleteThankyou everyone for the advice. I have tried in the past to convince myself that the people I come across are just NPCs, but was never very successful at making myself believe it. Walking around as a rupee-collecting hip-hop hikikomorisaurus sounds pretty damn badass, though!
ReplyDelete