29.9.10

60 hours

I've been staring at this for 45 minutes now, trying to concentrate on writing something but end up staring into space or going to make tea / coffee every few minutes instead. Except I never end up making the tea, just boiling the kettle over and over and forgetting about it again each time. I suppose that's part of the cognitive impairment, but I haven't had any real hallucinations yet, unlike the last time I tried this. Real hallucinations? That's a weird way to put it... By that I mean ones that are more than just shadows dancing at the edge of my vision or other small oddities.

My heart has been beating much faster than usual for the last day or so, and my legs are shaking slightly. My joints all ache, and my mouth feels dry regardless of how much water I drink. Typing is becoming sloppy, though I'm going back to fix each mistake as I make it so you probably can't tell. Emotional responses are a lot stronger than they'd usually be; I seem to be crying at whatever I try to watch, even comedy like Mitsudomoe. Oh, and time seems to have slowed down considerably, each hour today felt like it lasted forever... though I can barely remember any of what I did. I, uh... finished off Cave Story and... Wow, what have I done? I didn't notice this until trying to think about the day to write about it, so it's kind of frightening.

I'll be alone all day tomorrow, so I'm sure it'll be an even bigger struggle to stay awake. I should probably try to come up with some kind of specific goal to aim for, maybe it'd make it easier. Wanting to find out what type of visual and auditory hallucinations occur was one of my main goals, but that's kind of vague and hard to mentally push myself towards. Maybe I can just keep saying "Keep going, only 5 more hours!" and then extend it after each 5 hours are up. I've also found it effective to tell myself that my tiredness is actually just the dull, groggy feeling you have in the morning when you're forced to get up early or have slept for too long, and is going to pass soon.

Hmm, I nearly put orange juice in my tea instead of milk, heh. That'd have been pretty dumb.

15 comments:

  1. I'm not going to lie, I'm worried about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on beating your previous record! Don't push yourself too hard though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kaguya, I don't understand how you can do something like this. I whine when I only get 7 hours of sleep a day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done stuff like put milk in the cupboard before and spend ten minutes searching around wondering where the hell it went. This is a great blog, and kind of scary how much I can relate to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, poor thing.
    You might want to consider an exercise routine to boost your energy levels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made 80+ hours on addiction alone.

    I played an MMO, and I was thoroughly addicted to it. I didn't stop playing it.

    When I finally stopped, it wasn't because I was tired. It was because I was bored.

    Addiction is more powerful than caffeine, and is tied with willpower. Show me that willpower can prevail, Kaguya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only 17 hours, 42 minutes, 21 seconds until you DIE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My god...I'm not sure to cheer you on or not

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hip-Hop, 80 hours, are you serious? By god!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't die on me man, we'll go to Golden Land together when a giant solar storm destroys our HDDs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry that you ache :/

    If it makes you feel any better, I have a migraine right now and excedrin isn't helping :3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thankyou all for the concern, but you don't need to worry about me! I'll know when to stop if anything truly serious does occur. It's not like I can die or anything, right?!

    Hip-Hop, which MMO was it that you played for so long? Must have been amazing for you to manage something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kaguya, if you're still there, I'm sorry for not answering your question. In a twist of a fate, I came upon this comment again.

    To answer your question, it was Mabinogi. Mabinogi was my great addiction.

    Take it easy~

    ReplyDelete