18.1.13

Ceilingwatching

More days spent lying in bed. Haven't got the strength or the willpower to move, so I've taken up the recreational sport of ceilingwatching. It's a lot like birdwatching but with less effort and no going outside required. Every time I see a new species of ceiling I tick it off on a list. Fortunately for me, these ceilings seem to be rather stationary creatures; my ceiling has yet to take flight and allow another to take its perch, so very little tiresome ticking is required of me.

Dad's been starting to complain about the amount of time I've been wasting on this new sport. If only he knew the intricacies of the hobby... or rather, the reason I've been so unable to do anything else lately, I think he'd nag a little less. I haven't the heart to try and explain it to him though, I'd rather he simply went on thinking I was naught but lazy.

1 comment:

  1. I just gave this sport a try but the swirly pattern on my ceiling is so tasteless it burns my eyes.

    ReplyDelete